Thursday, August 17, 2006

Vietnamese Construction

So this morning when I got out bed something was dripping on my laptop! I live on the 1st floor of a 4 storey house. I have no idea why, but there's some sort of opening in the roof, it's build in two levels and inbetween there's a space where the rain can get in! I have no idea what the point of this is, but if anyone knows please fill me in!
You're probably wondering howcome it was raining on my desk, since I live on the first floor - well, in the floor of the second floor there's a "window" where you can look all the way up to the roof - probably build in to let some more light into the room. But there are little cracks around the egdes of the window that allow a rather large amount of water to run through. I panicked and tried to dry the keybord the best I could and when I went to work, I put the computer infront of a fan going at full speed. Fortunately as you might have guessed, it still works : )
I've moved now the desk with computer and everything else away from the window.
The combination of the roof construction and the rainy season isn't good!

No comments: