Monday, August 14, 2006

Sushi craving

Somehow the blog have become very food-related. This post will be no exception!
Sushi is one of my favorite treats and yesterday I felt like I deserved a nice Sunday lunch. So I caught a xe om to Asahi Sushi located at Ba Trieu St just south of the Hoan Kiem lake. I hadn't been there before, but was quite surprised by the very modern style resturant.

I'm a sucker for sushi on conveyor belts! It doesn't even matter how hungry I am - the concept of delicious raw fish moving around on little plates just waiting for me to eat it draws me into the restaurant each time I'm near one. There's something satisfying judging each plate of sushi with your eyes as it moves around infront of your nose, carefully picking out the specific plate that looks the best. It's like being a kid in a candy store - only this time it's actually healthy food. God, I love sushi!

Well as for the sushi itself, I don't think the fish was quite as fresh as the Sheraton sushi, but it was still good. They wouldn't allow me to take pictures, but I'll def return to this restaurant next time my stomach craves sushi, and I might be able to take a sneak photo.

1 comment:

D. said...

Katherine:

Thanks for the heads up and info.