Monday, June 05, 2006

Two blogs, two languages

Been trying to figure out whether to do an all English version of my blog or not. It would be easier just to mix Danish and English posts, or even do all the posts in English. After all most of the Danish readers understand English perfectly. However I originally created a blog for friends and family to be able to follow my preparations (and of course keep in touch after I leave), and I know my mum prints the blog for my non-internet-accessed-grannies and even though they'd probably understand the best part of the English post, I do think that an all Danish blog is better for their sake. In the end the purpose of the blog is for them (especially the very worried grannies) to follow my life while I live on the other side of the world and the little things that might be expressed using colourful adjectives might go lost trying to spell your way through an English post (+ I suppose my I write better in Danish as it is my native language)

So, I think my final conclusion is two blogs might be better.
To read the first English post in the Danish blog click here.

No comments: