Friday, June 09, 2006

A call from Ghana

3 days ago I recieved a phonecall from the embassy in Accra, Ghana - they needed another intern since the Muhammed-crisis forced the Galathea 3 expedition to change its route. The first plan was to sail through the Suez-canal, but plans were changed cause they were afraid Danes might not be welcome in the Arab countries. So now they're sailing all the way around Africa.
The embassy wanted to know if I'd be interested in an internship mainly dealing with Galathea's visit, doing administrative tasks. But of course I wasn't.
I originally applied for internships at the embassies in Washington D.C - USA, New Dehli -India, Accra - Ghana, London - UK, Dublin - Ireland, Hanoi - Vietnam, Bangkok - Thailand + the Danish chamber of commerce in Bangkok, Thailand.

Status is rejection from D.C, New Dehli, Dublin (was runner up though) and the embassy in Bangkok.
I was offered an internship in Hanoi, London, the chamber of commerce in Bangkok and now Accra. My wish was all along to return to Southeastasia, partly because of good experiences during my backpacking trip in 2003, but mostly because of the rapid economic development the entire region has been going through especially during the last 10 years.
So I'm quite content with how things turned out : )

No comments: