Sunday, June 18, 2006

Swinging London

The summer holidays have finally started! I've spent the first few days bbq'ing with friends, drinking drinks and sleeping in.
Tomorrow I'll be going to London for a short 4-day holiday. I think this is my 6th or 7th time in London - it's one of my favorite European cities. Remember my first time in London - it was 10 years ago - it was only my second time travelling without my parents. I thought to myself that I'd one day love to live in such a vibrant and hectic city. Since then my travels have extended beyond Europe and I did have the chance of an internship at the embassy in London, but South East Asia is more attracting to me a the moment.
Because of my internship my summer holidays this year is actually kinda crazy. Within 5 weeks I'll be going to London, Prague, Bangkok, Singapore and Hanoi! Singapore being the only city I haven't been to before. It'll be 2 years since my last visit to London so I guess not much has changed. I was in Prague in 1995 with my parents and I do expect a lot to have changed during the last 11 years - and much will probably change with the Czech membership of the European Union.

Well, first things first. Off to Swinging London tomorrow to do some shopping : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos in your flicker album. :)

Kathrine said...

Thanks - they were taken with my 10 year old analog camera during a backpacking trip in 2003. Since then I've upgraded to a Sony DSC T1 :)