Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Holiday in Thailand

My family came from Denmark to visit me and we spent 5 days of our holiday in Thailand.

I love Bangkok - shopping heaven, good food, lots of fruit juice from the street vendors and life in the streets after 10 pm!
But besides the joys of big city life we also went for a one day trip to Kanchanaburi, probably best know from the book and film "The bridge on the river Kwai".

The highlight of the day - besides walking on the brigde, riding on the "death train", getting cooled down in the mist of a beautiful waterfall and having a lovely Thai lunch surrounded by mountains - was a visit to the Tiger Temple.

As you can see below I actually got to pet a tiger. As a matter of fact I touched 3 full size live tigers!

More pics from Thailand here

No comments: