Sunday, October 29, 2006

Cook & Cook

I normally leave the food bloging to experts like Sticky Rice and Real Thai, but I'll make an exception.

So, back in Hanoi my family and I wanted to try some of the different cuisines available (besides Vietnamese food of course).

So one night my sister and I opted for Cook & Cook, a Korean style teppanayaki place off Ba Trieu. It turned out to be quite an experience!

Each table has its' own chef and ours certainly new some tricks. It was kind of a mixture between circus and cooking with beautiful food and entertainment with knives and fire as the result.

We had a set meal consiting of around 11 dishes (as far as I remember); salad and soup, scallop with vegetables in curry sauce, grilled veggies, chicken with vegetables, grilled fish, prawn cooked in red wine, Australian steak with vegetables, fried rice, noodles and fresh fruit. It was fab, just fab ; )
Video available here

PS: After the meal we chatted with the owner who informed us a new KFC was opening just across the street. He seemed quite cheerful about it which I didn't really understand.
Anyways, I promised him to recommend his restaurant which I hereby do!

1 comment:

Jimmy Tran said...

The restaurant looks like it's Benihana-esque. Fresh!