Sunday, October 08, 2006

Building, noise, buidling

If you are in Hanoi construction sites are just a part of the regular street scence. They're builing, building, building. Come to think of it it's actually pretty amazing how many buildings. big and small (but mostly big), that are shooting up everywhere in different parts of town. Building = noise! A lot of noise in an already pretty noisy city.

So this morning (after being out till 3) I wake up 'cause they're breaking up the road infront of our house. Mind you, this was 7 am in the morning on a feking Sunday! I'm used to noise from my landlords' kids running around infront of the house, the motos' noise from the street, the kid next door who plays the piano 4-5 hours a day and only knows "Für Elise", people shouting in our alley 'cause they're selling fruit or want our old magazines - I'm used to noise! But this was just too much. I put in my earplugs and hid myself under the duvet. Little did it help.
The horrible sound of them breaking up the concrete road with an air drilling hammer penetrated my vague attempt to sleep and made me long for my bed back home in Denmark on my quiet street a dark October morning covered by my warm duvet - where all you can here is the wind and the rain pouring down...
Who've thought I'd ever miss that?

No comments: