Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So much for democracy

So I open my computer this morning and there's been a military coup in Thailand! Geees what has the world come to? I'm supposed to go to Bangkok when my family comes to Asia in 3 weeks, kinda worried about riots, but maybe most people really wanted Thaksin to step down and welcomes this coup?
If the King approved of it, you could hope people will stay calm and it won't come to the same conditions as 15 years ago. Time will tell.
I guess democracy movements might demonstrate, but I was thinking what kind of democracy they're avocating - is the Thaksin model better than temporary military rule I wonder?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey kathrine!

just wanted to say hello...hope you're doing well. jenny and i are going to the night market on saturday if you'd like to come!